Project Supervisor Design Process PSDP
Ryan Architectural Solutions offer our clients the service of the Health & Safety role of project supervisor design process.
The project supervisor design process must be appointed before design work commences. This is to ensure effectiveness in addressing and co-ordinating safety and health matters from the very early stages of a project.
What are the duties of the Project Supervisor for the Design Process (PSDP)?
The duty of the project supervisor for the design process is to ensure co-ordination of the work of designers throughout the project.
The PSDP must:
- Identify hazards arising from the design or from the technical, organisational, planning or time related aspects of the project;
Where possible, eliminate the hazards or reduce the risks;
- Communicate necessary control measure, design assumptions or remaining risks to the PSCS so they can be dealt with in the safety and health plan;
- Ensure that the work of designers is coordinated to ensure safety;
- Organise co-operation between designers;
- Prepare a written safety and health plan for any project where construction will take more than 500 person days or 30 working days or there is a particular risk and deliver it to the client prior to tender;
- Prepare a safety file for the completed structure and give it to the client;
- Notify the Authority and the client of non-compliance with any written directions issued.
- The PSDP may issue directions to designers or contractors or others.
- The Regulations require that there be only 1 PSDP appointed for each independent project.